What Is Rephrase?
Rephrase allows you to see suggestions for rewriting your sentences. Rephrase shows you stronger, clearer ways to express your ideas in just a few clicks.
To use Rephrase, highlight any sentence in your writing. You'll see a small button titled "Rephrase" pop-up.
When you click Rephrase, you'll see a pop-up box with your suggestions. It should look something like this:
Once you've opened the Rephrase pop-up, you can choose from seven different categories to see different styles of suggestions.
We have seven types of rephrasing:
- Standard rephrases take what you've written and show you different ways to phrase it.
- Fluency rephrases make your text sound fluent by using the more precise words a native speaker would choose.
- Formal rephrases make your writing more sophisticated for professional and academic documents.
- Informal rephrases make your writing sound more casual.
- Sensory rephrases add details to make your descriptions more engaging.
- Shorten rephrases make long sentences shorter and clearer.
- Length rephrases expand short sentences with relevant
Read through the options, then click to select the one that you would like to add to your text.
Purchase ProWritingAid here: https://prowritingaid.com/en/App/Purchase
Learn more with our useful Getting Started with ProWritingAid article: https://prowritingaid.com/art/864/getting-started-with-prowritingaid.aspx