ProWritingAid ribbon disappeared from Word
If you don't see our ProWritingAid Add-in on your Word ribbon, then there may have been an issue with the installation.
If you are using a Windows PC, please follow the below steps:
- Close Microsoft Word
- Download this executable: https://prowritingaid.blob.core.windows.net/cdn/officeaddon/EnableProWritingAid.exe
- Once it is downloaded, please run it. It will check that the configuration of your Word add-in is correct and repair it if it isn't.
- Open Microsoft Word and check if your ProWritingAid Word add-in is now installed.
If the add-in still isn't appearing in Word, please check if it is appearing in your list of add-ins. To do this, go to File >> Options >> Add-Ins >> click "Go...". The ProWritingAid Word Add-in should appear on the list. If it doesn't, please download it from our website here.
If you are using a Mac device, please follow these steps:
- Sign out of Microsoft Word by clicking Word > Sign Out…
- Restart Microsoft Word and sign in again.
- Open the INSERT menu and click "Get Add-ins" or Store.
- Type ProWritingAid in the search field and press Enter.
- Click Add next to the listing
If the above steps do not resolve the issue for you, please contact our team on email@example.com with details about the situation. We will be happy to help troubleshoot this with you to find the best solution!
Purchase ProWritingAid here: https://prowritingaid.com/en/App/Purchase
Download our ProWritingAid Word Add-In here: https://prowritingaid.com/en/App/Office
Learn more with our useful Getting Started with ProWritingAid article: https://prowritingaid.com/art/864/getting-started-with-prowritingaid.aspx